Free Itinerary Design;
Quick reply in 0.5-23.5 Hours;
Worry-free & One-stop Service;
Trustworthy Tour Operator in China! Contact Us

China Visa FAQs

What kind of Chinese Visa do I need to travel China?

Most travellers would only apply for a Tourist Visa L, which is issued for foreigners who come to China for sightseeing or visiting family members or friends. The Tourist L visa can be either a single or multiple entry one. To find out exactly which kind of visa is suitable for you, try the links at the bottom of this page.

What are the validity of a Chinese Visa and the duration of my China stay?

Different visas have different validity, varying from 3 months, 6 months, 12 months to 24 months. Most people would only apply for a single-entry or double-entry tourist visa (L), which is usually valid for 3 or 6 months from the date of issue. An L visa normally allows you to stay in China for a maximum of 30 days (counted from the next day after entry). If you plan to stay in China for more than 30 days, state clear in the application form to get approval of visa officer when you submit your application.

How to apply for a Chinese Visa?

1: Locate the visa office of the nearest Chinese Embassy/ Consulate General in your resident country/city.

2. Go in person or entrust someone or a visa agent to drop off your application. Mail service is not available at most embassies and consulates of PRC. An interview might be requested.

3. After getting to the visa center, obtain a queen number and wait for your number to be called. After summiting your visa supplication with required documents, you will receive a pick-up form, which shows the information of your application and expected date for collection

Note: (1) Getting a China visa is possible in Hong Kong. Despite the visa office states that you should apply in your home country, the policy is not usually enforced for most nationalities. Check out how to get a China visa in Hong Kong.

(2)Though it is also possible to get a China visa in a third country while you’re en route, it has become difficult these days. Some offices do not accept the applications from persons who do not resident in the country. 

What are the requirements for applying a Chinese Visa?

To apply for a China visa, you need to provide some basic documents including a valid passport, a completed Visa Application Form and one recent passport photo, as well as a few additional supporting documents for visa application.

What is the cost of applying for a Chinese Visa?

Visa cost varies according to your nationality, number of entries, and service options.

When can I obtain my Chinese Visa after application?

Normally it takes 4 business days. Fill out your application form completely, correctly and legibly to avoid unnecessary delay of processing. Additional fees are needed for quicker service. 

What is the best time to apply for a visaļ¼Ÿ

The best time to submit your visa application is 1 or 2 months before your intended trip to China. If you apply too early, the visa may go expired when needed. If you apply too late, there might be no enough time to get it. 

How about 72-hour visa-free transit policy

From 1st. January, 2013, foreigners from the 51 countries (issued on the 72-hour Visa-free Transit Policy List) holding the third country visas and confirmed onward air tickets can now apply for a 72-hour visa-free transit at the following cities under the 72 hour visa-free stay policy:
BeijingShanghaiGuangzhou, Chengdu, Xian, Guilin, Chongqing, Shenyang and Dalian.

72-hour Visa-free Transit Policy is valid for passport holders from the following 51 countries:

Albania, Argentina, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Macedonia, Mexico, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States.

Application condition and tips for a free 72-hour transit visa:

  • Hold passports issued by the listed 51 countries.
  • Valid airline tickets with 72-hour validation and making transit through those nine (Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Xian, Guilin, Chongqing, Shenyang and Dalian) International Airports in China to a third destination.
  • Only transit by air in one city in China in the one direction to a third country. e.g. New York - Beijing - Sydney. This measure does not apply to a passenger traveling from New York, USA, and stopping over at Beijing on his/her way to Los Angeles, USA.
  • Visitors are not allowed to leave these seven visa-free cities during the 72-hour visa-free period.
  • The 72 hours will be counted from 00: 00 am the day after your arrival, not from the time when the flight land at the airport. E.g. If you arrive Beijing Capital International Airport at 11:00 am on Aug. 1, your 72 hours will be counted from 00:00 am on Aug. 2.
  • Check our 72-hour visa-free tours


    Other types of China Visa

    ----> Business Visit (F) Visa 
    ----> Employment/Work (Z) Visa
    ----> Study (X) Visa 
    ----> Transit (G) Visa 
    ----> Tourist Group Visa