1) A passport, valid for at least 6 month after your visit to China and the necessary visa or permits if you are traveling with our program. The visa should be approved prior to entering China and a permit for Tibet must be obtained 15 days before entering Tibet. If you only plan to travel and stay in Hong Kong you are exempt from applying for a China visa.
2) Most people only need to apply for a single –entry visa, which is usually valid for 3 months after the issuing date and will permit you to stay in China for a maximum of 30 days.
3) You need permits to go to Tibet. If you only go to Lhasa, a Tibet permit will be sufficient but, if you want to go further to the "unopened" areas, you also need an Alien's travel permit issued by the PSB of Tibet.
4) If you are to travel to Tibet, you are required to provide a doctor's certificate stating that you are fit to travel and your blood pressure and heart condition are normal in case that the very high altitude have the possible effects on you.
5) We suggest you take your medical record with you in case that you need it in the event of an emergency, and please also take with you your doctor's name, address and phone number, emergency contact name and phone number, and your insurance company's name, address and phone number.
It will be very easy for you to obtain a China Visa to travel in China, which usually will allow you to stay within China for one month.
If you are from the United States of America or Canada, you have several options of obtaining a China Visa:
1) contact the China National Tourist Office in New York or Los Angeles, or
2) contact your travel agent or visa services, or
3) you can obtain it directly from the Chinese embassies or consulates in the following cities:
Washington DC Embassy
2300 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington DC 20008, USA
New York Consulate General
520 12th Ave.
New York, NY 10036, USA
Chicago Consulate General
100 West Erie St.
Chicago, IL 60610, USA
San Francisco Consulate General
1450 Laguna St.
San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Los Angeles Consulate General
443 Shatto Place
Los Angeles, CA 90020, USA
Houston Consulate General
3417 Montrose Blvd
Houston, TX 77006, USA
Chinese Embassy in Ottawa
515 St. Patrick Street
Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 5H3
Chinese Consulate in Toronto
240 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario, M5R2P4
Chinese Consulate, Calgary
100-1011th Ave. SW
Calgary, Alberta, T2P 0W1
Chinese Consulate in Vancouver
3380 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC, V6H 3K3
China Visa Office in Hong Kong
5th Floor, Lower Block, China Resource Building
Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
4) Or you can contact us. We can give you detailed instruction to help you process your visa application after you booked your tour to China with us.
If you are not from US or Canada, please inquire with your nearest PRC embassies or consulates, or contact with us, we can help anyone with a valid passport to process applications for a China visa.
For more information, please refer to the Visa Application page.
What do I need to have to apply for a visa?
To apply for a tourist visa (Type L), you need an application form, a passport-size photo and a valid passport. It takes about seven business days for an application to be processed. For Tibet, the Chinese Embassy must get approval from the Tibet Tourism Administration before issuing a visa.
A passport-size photo means a photo similar to the one in your passport. Only photos which are head-only, full frontal, with a white background, approximately 1-1/2" by 2" will be accepted. You can obtain this type of photo at any "Passport photo" service. Cut-outs from personal photographs are not acceptable.
What type of visa do I need?
Most people only need to apply for a single – entry visa, which is usually valid for 3 months after the issuing date and will permit you to stay in China for a maximum of 30 days.
How to obtain visa to China in Hong Kong?
You may obtain your visa by yourself from Visa Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China; it is opened from Monday to Friday.
You need to bring following documents with you to obtain a China visa:
1) A recent passport-size photo.
2) Passport which needs to be valid at least more than 3 months.
3) Usually you can get the visa within one working day. Cost 100 HK$ or more.
4) Fast process is available when paying 150 HK$.
5) Their Address (Please call them before you go to their office):
5th Floor, Lower Block, 26 Harbor Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Tel: ++850-25851657 OR ++850-25851680 OR ++850-25851794
Yes, you need to apply for a double- or multiple entry visa when you need to leave and re-enter mainland China. Please note that, even when you leave for Hong Kong or Macao from mainland China, you still need to have a double- or multiple entry visa.
If I want you to send me an invitation letter, what kind of information do you need from me?
We need following information:
1) The date of your entering China;
2) How many days you plan to stay in China;
3) Cities that you plan to visit;
4) Name (must be the same as those on your passport);
6) Date of birth;
7) Passport Number;
8) Passport expiration date;
10) Telephone- fax number and your email address;
11) Your address.
China Odyssey Tours provides a limited insurance for all customers who have booked tour packages with us, including any tours for over half day, and pickup & transfer service. The insurance is not applicable for the non-tour bookings (i.e. only accommodation or airline tickets booked via China Odyssey Tours).
The type of insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance, of which the policy only covers accidents that occur within China.
China Odyssey Tours endeavors to make your tour in China delightful and worry- free. We highly recommend that all travelers should purchase comprehensive travel insurance from reliable insurance providers before leaving their home for the tour.
Before you go to China