Longsheng & Longji in Guilin, China
In Longsheng County of Guilin, a area is known as Longji, which means the dragon's backbone in Chinese. It is an area where the entire mountain range is covered with terraced rice fields. They were built over more than a thousand years, which are not only a faming miracle for creativity and scale, but also exceptionally beautiful and different during the four seasons. Scattered across the rice fields are ethnic minority villages. It is unique that so many different minority groups live in the same area in harmony and have yet maintained their own unique traditions.
Best Longji ( Ping An & Jin Keng Terraces ) Tours
- COT-GLT-N-35: 5 Days Gulin river tour (Route A)
Guilin Landscape, Yangshuo Scenery & Longji Terraced Fields and Minority Culture
- COT-GLT-N-33: 5 Days Guilin Old villages Tour
Zhuang ethnic minority village, Jiuwu
- COT-GLT-N-42 7 Days Discovery Different Minority Groups
Longji Rice Terraces, Zhuang ethnic minority village, Yao women
Cycling To Longsheng Rice Terraces
It is a unique experience to cycle on the mountains covered with terraced rice
fields, from far below to the peaks.
Hiking Long Ji
The phenomenal rice terraces of Long Ji are a hikers' paradise. The trail weaves its way through rice paddies, bamboo-filled ravines, pine forests, and remote Yao and Zhuang tribal villages. Spectacular!
Longsheng Travel Tips for Tourists
- When is the best travel time to the rice terraces in Longsheng?
- When is the irrigation time of Longsheng, and Longji Rice Terraces are filled with water?
- When is the harvest time in Longsheng?
- Magnificent sunrise at Longji Rice Terraces.
- Packing list when travel to Longsheng?
- Longsheng hiking routes and tips