Shanghai Children's Municipal Palace
A wonderful place for parents and children to visit.
Educational site, civic center, Chinese children performance.
Located on Yanan Road, the Children's Palace is a good place worth visiting where visitors can enjoy performances by Chinese children.
- The Children's Palace was built 1n 1958 by Song Qingling (Madam Sun Yatsen), designed for children to study and practice arts and science after school time.
- The children's palace is part of Chinese social welfare with finance supported from the government every year. You can see kinds of children's palace at most of Chinese cities.
- Children at the children's palace don't need to learn the same knowledge at school, they learn what they like or interested in. And there are lots of programs provided for them.Children can attend one or two programs at the Children's Palace out of their interests.
- Children at the children's palace are ranged from five to fourteen at ages. Before entering the palace, they are provided an examination and if they pass, a small sum of money is also needed.
- Have Close Contact with Chinese Young Generation
Visiting here, you can have a glimpse of the joy of children and their practices like paintings and so on.
- Take Some Beautiful Pictures
Here, you will have a chance to see Chinese children playing instruments, doing painting, having all kinds of activities.
LocationAddress: 64 Yan'an Xi Lu, Jing An District
- By subway: Line 2
- Children's Day, falls on June 1st of every year, is a big occasion for all the children at Children's Palace. They were on beautiful clothes and playing games with their parents.
- Avoid holidays or weekends,
During the holidays, usually from July to September, Middle of January to Februry, the Chilren's Palace will be closed.
Costs/ Entrance Tickets10 RMB
Review & Tips
- Our visit to the Children's Palace in Shanghai was a great chance for me to learn a bit about Chinese culture, and watch the adorable Chinese children practice the arts. (-Edwin Schwandt from USA)
- On our trip to the Shanghai Children's Palace I got witness Chinese children playing traditional Chinese instruments. I was amazed at their ability. I got a chance to take some beautiful photos. (-Christopher Johnson from USA)
- On Thursday my guide Lois took me and my family to visit Shanghai's Children's Palace. It was a wonderful stop on our tour. I am not sure who had more fun me, or my children. (-Samantha Peters from USA)
- My children got a chance to see the Chinese children doing the painting, which left me and my wife free to photograph the beautiful Chinese children. All in all it was an unforgettable experience. (-David from USA)
Other attractions near by
- Nanjing Road: Nanjing Road, known as China's number one shopping street offers a seemingly endless variety of modern fashions, electronics and accessories.
- If you are interested in taking a Shanghai tour with a visiting to Shanghai Children's Palace; if you need a private tour and an English speaking tour guide to show you around Shanghai; China Odyssey Tours is here and ready to help.
- Tour Features
-What is special there?
- how to get there?
- Visiting Time
- How long should I stay there?
- When is the best time to visit there?
- Costs/ Entrance Tickets
- Review & Tips
- What tour experts/visitors say about this place?
- Other tour attractions near by