Shanghai Culture: Art and Fashion
Shanghai is the leader of Fashion in China. Fashion is on the lips of everyone in Shanghai. After Milan, Paris, London and New York, Shanghai is going to claim and candidate to become the Oriental Fashion Capital.
Since it was opened as a commercial port in 1843, Shanghai, became one of the first cities that were exposed to western thoughts and fashion. It is the first city to daring to try something new.
Here, we are trying to introduce you a modern Shanghai, a fashion Shanghai.
- Art Center: M50 Art Center, Shanghai's artist community. It is a thriving artists' quarter and known as one of the most well-known creative spaces in Shanghai.
- Culture Festival: Shanghai international fashion culture festival was held every year in Shanghai and showing you why Shanghai is China's fashion capital.
- Fashion Sympol of Shanghai: Qipao, display Shanghai women's graceful manner. Today, Qipao is also the modern designer's fashion icon.
Experience Shanghai Fashion Culture
M50 Art Community
- M50 Art Community is known as Shanghai's art center, from where you can see the ancient factories of old Shanghai, and feel the art atmosphere by the works of the artists here. It is a thriving artists' quarter and known as one of the most well-known creative spaces in Shanghai.
- Address: No 50, Moganshan Road, on the south bank of Suzhou Creek, Putuo District.
- It is a place on the must-visit list for art lovers. How ever, China Odyssey Tours design a sample itinerary to satisfy your needs. You can take a modern Shanghai tour to explor this Art community.
Shanghai International Fashion Culture Festival
- Shanghai International Fashion Culture Festival is a fashion event held annually.
- It is one of the Four Festivals in Shanghai (the other three are Shanghai Art Festival, Shanghai Tour Festival and Shanghai Movie and Television Festival).
- It was organized by Shanghai Municipal Government since 1995. There are hundreds of media, websites, magazines have attended and reported the festival every year.
- The fashion festival showcases the output of Shanghai's fashion and textile industry and the purpose of the festival is to promotes the communication and cooperation with the world.
- 2010 Shanghai International Fashion Culture Festival:
- Date: May 2010
- Program: including China Cup-International Fashion Design Contest, Fashion Impact - Fashion master release, Fashion Graphic Designing Contest & Exhibition, Shanghai International Model Contest
- It is said that Qipao is the earliest fashion for women in Shanghai.
- Qipao, also called Cheongsam, is not your average dress. Most westerners living in Shanghai love to have a few Cheongsams that come in a range of vivi colors with eye-catching embroidery.
- How to select Cheongsam? Where to tailor make quality Qipao? More details please click and keeping reading.
- Tianzifang is at the lanes of Taikang Road. It developed from local residence area - Linong (which mean hutong ), to a new art zone. The Taikang Road is an area where artist gathers in the downtown Shanghai. Then without people even noticed, the lanes along the Taikan Road developed to a new attraction.
- Address: No 210, Taikang Road, DaPu Bridge, Luwan District.
- Most of the rooms are galleries, and art shops there. If youIt is a very different feel from either the Xintiandi (it is too modern), or the M50 in Moganshan Road (it is too artistic).
- China Odyssey Tours has designed a sample itinerary for 5 Days In-depth Shanghai Tour with Activities to explor this Art street.