Shanghai is located in a subtropical maritime zone, with four distinct seasons. For the most part, Shanghai enjoys a mild and moist climate.
- Annual Average Rainfall: 1,200 millimeters
- Annual Average Temperature: 15.7 ℃
- The Hottest Period：in July and August
- Hottest Month Average Temperature: 28 ℃ (in August)
- The Coldest Period：from the end of January to early February.
- Coldest Month Average Temperature: 3 ℃ (in January)
- The Rainy Season： during early summer, from mid-June to mid-July
- Typhoon Season： from August to the middle of September which brings heavy rains to the city.