Take a sidecar tour and start a wild journey if you’re expecting to hop out of a travel van to see, hear and feel Beijing - China’s cultural and business center. This flexible and interesting way of touring allows you to see the real life of local people through the small hutong alleys, street markets, impressive galleries and some out of tourist map sites... let alone the major attractions.
We organize private sidecar tours of 2 hours to 2 days in Beijing, with experienced drivers and guides. No matter you are looking for a weekend getaway or day tours, we will give what you need and guide you a cool and exciting sidecar tour.
Good to know before having a ride:
1. Safety：The sidecars and drivers we use are all licensed. We provide helmets for every passenger and do follow the traffic rules. We never have any trouble but we highly suggest you have traveling insurance.
2. Can I Play? YES for adult passengers, as well as kids of/over 3 years old. Children under 12 need to seat with an adult in the side-car. Sidecars are quite large, over-weight or tall passengers can fit without any trouble.
3. Passengers of A Sidecar：3 people in total (1 driver, 2 passengers). One passenger in the side-car and the other on the pillion seat. We suggest 1 passenger per sidecar as it is more comfortable and flexible.
4. Drivers and Guides：Your drivers and guides are experienced and know the city well. Usually, every 1-5 sidecars will share one guide (native English speaker, good at English & Mandarin, some may know French or German).
5. Winter Tour Available：A ride in the chilly winter (often below 0°C) is not for everyone. But this is also a good chance to see Beijing’s winter. Do remember to wear warm clothes (we’ll offer a 2nd coat in case).
6. Pick-up：We often provide free pick-up. But if your hotel is too far away from downtown, a reasonable extra cost is needed. If taking a 2-hr or 4-hr tour, you can choose the place & time, but please confirm this with your travel consultant when booking.
7. Meals：Full day tours usually include a simple lunch while 2-hr and 4-hr tours do not. However, your driver will give some great suggestions based on your needs.
8. Time Control：Your driver will carefully operate your tour within a certain time frame. Your delay or postpone might cause an extra charge.
9. Insurance: An optional insurance is proposed for a cost of 50rmb (About USD8 per passenger). This insurance will cover you at a maximum of RMB 280,000 (About USD 45,000$). This insurance cost is not refundable and not changeable. If you want to benefit from this insurance, please inform your travel consultant.
10. Tipping: It is not customary to give tips to the driver. However, you might pay some depending on their services.
A sidecar tour is fun and unique for visitors
If you need more info about Sidecar tour in Beijing, please feel free to contact us.