Chengdu FAQs - Useful Travel Tips of Chengdu
- When is the best time to visit Jiuzhaigou?
Jiuzhaigou is closed to tours during the winter due to extreme conditions during this time of year. Any other time is the perfect time to visit Jiuzhaigou. This beautiful spot changes with each season.
- Could you arrange for us to have five-star hotels?
Other than Chengdu, most places in Sichuan Province do not offer four or five-star hotels, but all hotels we provide are clean and are operated by locals who will do everything in their power to ensure that your stay is a wonderful one.
- Why is the cost of a Jiuzhaigou Tour so high?
Due to location and environmental restrictions, Jiuzhaigou can only be gotten to by air or bus, and it is the local government's policy to charge high prices to limit visitors to ensure the protection of this area.
- Is it alright to travel during China's national holidays?
Of course, travel is always allowed, but during China's national holidays, there will be large numbers of domestic tourists to China's scenic spots, so if you don't like crowds, it would probably be better to avoid these times of the year.
- How can I get from Chongqing to Chengdu?
There are evening flights to Chengdu that take around 45 minutes. There are also trains and non-stop buses that can take you there as well, and those take around 4 hours.
- How can I see the Leshan Giant Buddha?
The Leshan Giant Buddha can be seen in two ways. One is by going there on foot and climbing down the staircase to view the Giant Buddha, and the other is by taking a short river cruise and viewing the Giant Buddha from the water.
- What is the difference between visiting the Chengdu Research Base for Giant Panda Breeding, and visiting the giant pandas in the Wolong Nature Reserve?
Both Chengdu Research Base for Giant Panda Breeding and Wolong Nature Reserve feature state-of-the-art scientific facilities to study and help preserve China's living treasures. The major difference is that in the Wolong Nature Reserve, visitors have a chance to see giant pandas living in their natural habitat by using a guide and GPS tracker to try to find them.
- Is it possible to spend the night at the Wolong Nature Reserve?
Yes. There are tours that allow visitors to stay overnight at the Wolong Nature Reserve.
- How many wild pandas live in the Wolong Nature Reserve?
There are currently approximately 100 wild pandas living there. It is the largest collection of giant pandas living in the wild in the world.
- Is it possible to visit the local Zang (Tibetan) ethnic minority?
The villages are not really tourist destinations, so your visits to them need to be coordinated by your tour guide.
- Do visitors to this area have problems with altitude?
Some visitors who are particularly sensitive to altitude sickness have had it when touring Jiuzhaigou, but that is the minority. It is generally not a problem.
- How far is it from Chengdu City to Jiuzhaigou, and how long does it take to get there by tourist bus?
Round trip, the trip from Chengdu City to Jiuzhaigou is 913 kilometers and takes about 8 hours each way. The roads have been recently paved and are very smooth. It is a long trip, but the scenery along the way is very beautiful, and visitors will have a number of stops along the way to witness the local customs of the Qiang Ethnic Minority Group.
- How are the hotels in Dazu, and Zigong?
Since Dazu and Zigong are only small counties, four and five-star hotels are not available there. The small hotels are privately owned by local families. Although simple, they are quite clean and the owners go out of their way to cater to visitors' needs.
- How can I get around in Chengdu?
Conveniently connected to over 100 domestic and international airports, Chengdu is accessible from and to almost all the major countries in the world. In the city, you could get around by sightseeing Bus, taxi, or rickshaw.
What Our Clients Say
CONTACT A TRAVEL EXPERT
1-to-1 Service | Reply within 24hrs | Expert's Advice
SUBSCRIBE TO WIN A FREE TOUR
Subscribe to our newsletter for a chance to win a free 12-day China tour! And more insider travel news, exclusive offers, and inspiration will be sent straight to your inbox.