Impression Liu Sanjie, a sensational outdoor performance
Impression Liu Sanjie is a sensational night show performed in the largest natural theatre in the world. Boundless sky and 12 peaks about 2km along Guilin's Li River compose the stage of mountain and river backdrops.
Impression Liu Sanjie is a large-scale show with 600 plus actors and actress involved. The show lasts approximately 70 minutes combining the classical Sanjie Liu's folk songs and exotic fishing culture together, reflecting the harmony between human beings and nature. Performance of this kind is rare to be found elsewhere.
Unlike the traditional artificial stage performance, the Impression Liu Sanjie is a great work of both man and nature. The reflection of Karst hills in the Li River, the highlights of any Guilin tours, misty and rains and the sound from nearby bamboo forests are all ready to join in the performance.
The inspiration for this show is nature. "We only do half of the work while the other half is done by nature." said the director Zhang Yimou, who is also the director of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Opening Ceremony. Demonstrating the harmony between humans and nature is what this show for.
Recommended China tour incl. Guilin:
You can also directly contact us for a tailor-made China tour!
More about Cultural Tidbits:
- Great wall Giant Panda Peking Opera Chinese Cuisine
- Naxi culture & dress Terracotta Warriors Acrobatics
- Chinese Kungfu Chinese Architecture The Softness of Silk
- Chinese Tea Cheongsam The China Red
- Lantern Festival Dragon Boat Festival Mid-Autumn Festival
- Legends of West Lake Impression Liu Sanjie Stupa & Pagoda
- Shadow Puppet Play Peasant Painting Paper Cutting