China Odyssey Tours Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the things I need to pack?
- What are the luggage regulations when we take domestic flights in China?
What are the things I need to pack?
Here is some advice for your packing list:
1) passport with all necessary visas, one copy of the confirmation letter and itinerary you get from us;
2) Airline/train/cruise tickets or booking papers, wallet & credit cards;
3) Your medical record & first-aid kit & medications & vitamins, insect repellent;
4) Outdoor clothing & comfortable shoes, walking stick if hiking is included, suits for formal occasions (if any);
5) Hat, sunglasses & sunscreen, raincoat / umbrella;
6) Telephone number & mailing address & & email address on a sheet;
7) Power converter for your mobile phone and camera.
Try to make your check-in luggage light, because according to the regulation in China, the luggage allowance for the first class ticket holders is 40 kilograms (88 pounds) per person, 30 kilograms (66pounds) per person for business class ticket holders, 20 kilograms (44 pounds) per person for economy class ticket holders (adults), and some of the airports are very strict.
"Carry On" luggage for air travel in China is limited to 2 pieces for first-class travelers and one piece for business and economy class travelers. The dimensions of each shall not exceed 20X40X55 centimeters and the total weight shall not exceed 5 kilograms. The carry-on items in excess of the above-mentioned piece, weight, or dimension shall be checked in as checked baggage according to regulations.
What are the luggage regulations when we take domestic flights in China?
The luggage regulations when taking domestic flights in China are:
1) For the check-in luggage, passengers holding an adult fare or half-fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 40kg (88 pounds)for first class, 30kg (66pounds) for business class, and 20kg (44 pounds) for economy class. No free baggage allowance is granted to infants. If your luggage is over the limit, you will need to pay for the excess weight, and some of the airports in China are quite strict with this.
Tips: If you are traveling together in a group of more than 1 person, you can use your allowance together, for example, if you have 35kg, your friend has only 5kg, it will be fine as long as you two check-in together. This method also applies to 3, 4, 5, or even more people within one group, as long as you are checking in at the same time over the airport counter.
2) For the carry-on luggage, the total weight of carry-on baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg (11 pounds). First class passengers may carry up to 2 pieces. All other passengers may carry on only one piece. The size may not exceed 20x40x55cm. Carry-on baggage in excess of the limit is subject to an excess baggage fee and must be carried as checked baggage.
1) Articles that can not be taken as baggage: flammable, explosive, corrosive, poisonous, radioactive, polymerizable, and magnetized materials, and arms, sharp or lethal weapons as well.
2) Articles that cannot be packed in the checked baggage: important documents, classified materials, diplomatic mail bags, negotiable securities, currencies, money orders, valuables, vulnerable perishables, and articles and other articles needed in the special custody of somebody. The carrier will not be liable for the loss of or damage to the aforementioned.
3) Articles that should be put in check-in baggage: knife, scissors and bottled or tinned alcohol/ wine.
4) The checked baggage should be packed perfectly with a lock, tied up solidly, and be able to withstand pressure to a reasonable extent. Carriers may refuse to accept carriage if the baggage packing does not meet the requirements.
5) The carrier will be liable to compensate for the loss of or damage to the checked baggage due to the carrier's fault. The norm of compensation shall not exceed RMB 50 yuan per kg. If the value of the baggage is less than RMB50 yuan per kg, the amount of compensation shall be paid according to the actual value of the loss.
6) A passenger may declare the value of his baggage if the value of his checked baggage exceeds RMB 50 yuan per kg. The baggage declared value cannot exceed the value of the current baggage. The maximum baggage declared value is RMB 8,000 yuan.
7) Passengers and their baggage (including checked and carry-on baggage) are subject to security inspection before boarding the aircraft.
Most Frequently Asked Questions:
- What kind of tour(s) can I get from you?
- What documents are needed for visiting China?
- Where to exchange currency in China?
- Can I use credit cards in China?
- Can I use my mobile phone in China?
Questions related to this topic: