On April 9, 2017, an already-seated 69-year-old passenger was forcibly removed with a bloodied face from a United Airlines flight 3411 from Chicago to Louisville after he refused to give up his seat for the United Airlines' staff. This episode has been shot by other passengers aboard and posted on social media, evoking an angry public response.
Actually, this is not the first outrage and complaint against United Airlines. As the world's third-largest airline when measured by revenue, United Airlines could have done better in terms of customer experience. While in fact, its service is average and its rating is rather low from its customer reviews in Skytrax, the world's most comprehensive rating system in the civil aviation industry, as shown below:
So, is United Airlines still the only choice for your overseas travel? Nowadays, many airlines can be excellent options for the comprehensive international route network and also the remarkable performance in terms of customer experience. Take China Southern Airlines and Hainan Airlines, for example, both airlines get a very high score (8/10) in Skytrax and are certified 4-star Airline and 5-star Airline separately. China Southern Airlines is a member of SkyTeam, a 20-member airline alliance with Delta Air Lines, Korean Air, Vietnam Airlines, etc. being its members. Thus, the miles can be earned and used across these 20 member airlines. And the travel experience can be also smooth and seamless.
China Southern Airlines
- One of the 20 members of SkyTeam
- "Five Star Diamond Award" by the American Academy of the Hospitality Sciences
- "Diamond Flight Safety Award", the top award for flight safety in Chinese civil aviation industry
- A highly-developed route network with close links to Europe, America, Australia and Africa
- Outstanding & highly praised service. The crew is courteous and helpful with a smile.
- Clean & cozy cabin environment and English in-flight entertainment available
- Very competitive prices
These compliments among many others from its customer reviews in Skytrax show its outstanding performance.
- One of the only eight airlines rated 5-star Airline in Skytrax
- "World's Top 5 Safest Airlines" by Jet Airliner Crash Data Evaluation Centre, while United Airlines stays 31st in the list.
- New & comfortable airplanes. World's most advanced Boeing 787 Dreamliner is used to serve most international routes.
- Free & handpicked accommodation and pick-up services for transiting
- Free in-flight Wi-Fi and Mini-Pad in some routes
- Unlimited food supply and drink with lots of choices
- Excellent in-flight & ground service. The crew speak fluent English and have a sincere attitude.
- Reasonable airfare & great value for money
These are only a few words from its customers' reviews in Skytrax, from which you may know how excellent it is.
These two airlines will be enticing options for travelers looking for outstanding customer experience and service. Why not give them a try for your next trips?