Shanghai sidecar tour is the most popular one among China sidecar tour series. Take a sidecar, you may dig up the heart of Shanghai secrets and back streets not shown in guidebooks. Such as street markets and the private villa or clubs, etc. And it’s also far away from the crowds comparing to the classical sightseeing.
We organize 2h and 4h sidecar tours in Shanghai. 2h tours are mainly used for freshly arrived people who want to catch a glimpse of the city and find interesting spots they can go back later; While the 4h tours are mainly used for people willing to have a whole overview of Shanghai’s contrasts and a deeper understanding of the city.
Former French Concession, Shanghai
1. Safety consideration: You will be riding on a motorbike through the streets of Shanghai. Helmets are available for you and multilingual drivers and vehicles are fully licensed.
2. Age: There is a minimum age requirement of 3 years old for this tour. Children under 12 will need to ride with an adult on the same motorbike (one in the sidecar and one on the pillion seat).
3. The maximum passengers of a sidecar: The maximum number of a sidecar is 3 persons (1 driver + 2 passengers). One is in the sidecar, the other is on the pillion seat. You have the choice to book 1 or 2 sidecar for 2 persons. Usually 1 passenger per sidecar is advised as it will be more comfortable.
4. Tipping: It is not customary to give tips to driver. However you might pay some depending on their services.
5. Pick-up: Our tours start from Puxi area. Start Points usually are the Andaz Hotel in Xintiandi on weekdays while the Grand Swissotel in Jing’an on weekends. It is subject to your travel consultant's final comfirmation. Other starting points are possible and it might cost extra fee (approx USD33-67) according to the distance of your location. Your travel consultant will count for you.
6. Meal: The meal is not the included item. But your driver could suggest some good food markets if you prefer to have some local snacks.
7. Time control: Your driver will carefully operate your tour within certain time frame. Your delay or postpone might cause extra charge. Please advise at time of booking what time you would like to start your tour.
8. Insurance: An optional insurance is proposed for a cost of 50rmb (About USD8 per passenger). This insurance will cover you at a maximum of RMB 280,000 (About USD 45,000$). This insurance cost is not refundable and not changeable. If you want to benefit from this insurance, please inform your travel consultant.
Other options: Taittinger champagne, camera renting & video editing,etc. Contact us for detail.
1. Please be aware that we have a first come first serve policy; we will do our best to accommodate all passengers, but in case we are full at this time we will need to change the time for you.
2. If you have more than one sidecar, the main vehicle will have a fluent English speaking insider, and that the following bike(s) will be driven by Chinese drivers who don't all speak English. This won't affect your experience as we focus on your safety while driving and you'll get explanations on the city when the bikes are stopped.
3. For group of 3 bikes or less: we customize our route for each tour; our insider will talk with your tour guide/contact on spot at the start of the ride to decide together a route, taking into account their interests, what they have already seen, what they want to learn more about...
4. For group of more than 3 bikes, we will predefine the itinerary at least 1 week before the actual tour date taking into account starting point, traffic and size of the group. The final route will be based on the discussion between both sides.