Nanjing Road, known as China's number one shopping street offers a seemingly endless variety of modern fashions, electronics and accessories.
- Nanjing Street is the earliest business street in Shanghai. It was called Park Lane in the past. All in all, on Nanjing Street, visitors may fully experience crazy shopping and culture connotation.
- It is 5.5 kilometers long from the Bund to the Jing'an Temple. Now the Nanjing Street refers to Nanjing Pedestrian Street.
- Nanjing Street has boutiques offering some of the best name brand items in the world. Versace and Armani Clothing, Rolex and Cartier watches, Pearls and jewelry, and many neat little shops selling all sorts of things.
-What is special there?
- A Must See Place
Most people say that if you have never been to Nanjing Street, it is equal that you have never been to Shanghai.
- Shows the past and present of Shanghai
The traditional and modern things add special charm to this one-thousand-year-old street - Nanjing Street. It perfectly shows the past and present of Shanghai.
- Cultural Atmosphere
There are 26 culture facilities along the two sides of Nanjing Street. On the Century Square, the 250-square-meter huge screenplays news and current affairs day and night; the fashionable shop windows and exquisite stores are full of art atmosphere; the tea bars and coffee bars are full of exoticism; the small-scale performance played by a folk musician in the street corner is fantastic, etc. Owing to all these, tourists may taste the "culture food" of different places, appreciate the art of all around the world, and feel the connotation of the different culture.
Nanjing Street locates at Huangpu District of Shanghai.
- how to get there?
You can take bus number 21, or take subway line 1 and get off at West Nanjing Rd. Station.
- How long should I stay there?
- When is the best time to visit there?
If you like, you can actually spend a whole day there. The most outstanding characteristic of Nanjing Street is the absolutely different sight at day-time and at night.
- In the morning, the shops and restaurants are closed, but the street is quite busy. People are doing all kinds of things. Some are dancing, some are doing shadowboxing, some are playing sliding board, etc. It is just like a park, which has an outstanding compared with the street on the flourishing day.
- At day-time, people may enjoy the green plants. There are more than 70 fragrant camphor trees, all kinds of flowers and trees. The Century Square becomes a green lung of the modern city.
- At night, it becomes a Sleepless City. Colorful lights and beautiful music fountain make the street romantic.
Costs/ Entrance Tickets
Review & Tips
- What tour experts/visitors say about this place?
- Walking on Nanjing Street, do not forget to see the four ancient famous companies, Daxin Company, Yong'an Company, Xianshi Company, and Xinxin Company.
- The road also offers things for the not quite so wealthy such as exquisite porcelains, beautiful art supplies that are as beautiful as the artworks they are capable of creating, knick-knacks, fast food, and fine dining.
- Take care of your belongings.
Other Tour attractions nearby
- Children Municipal Palace: The Children's Palace was built 1n 1958 by Song Qingling (Madam Sun Yat-sen), designed for children to study and practice arts and science after-school time.
- Xintiandi (Shikumen: stone door): It is a fashionable pedestrian street composed of Shikumen and modern architecture style. This is an area to wine, dine and chill out.
- Urban Planning Exhibition Hall: It tells people the procedure that Shanghai becomes a famous international city from a small fishing village.
- Shanghai Museum: Shanghai Museum, one of the best museums in China, is mainly a museum for ancient arts.
Tours with this attraction
- If you are interested in taking a Shanghai tour with a visit to Nanjing Road; if you need a private tour and an English speaking tour guide to show you around Shanghai; China Odyssey Tours is here and ready to help. Contact us
- The following links lead you to sample Shanghai tours that include a visit to this attraction.