Shanghai is a mixture city of old and new. Here we choose some interesting topics to show you the differences of old Shanghai and new Shanghai, and hope you can get a clear idea about the development of Shanghai, as well as get some idea about where to go and discover the past of Shanghai.
- Experience Old Shanghai: Walk along the Bund to visit traditional Shanghai buildings; spend half day in Tianzifang to experience real Old Shanghai lifestyle; visit Zhujiajiao, a water town with a 1,700 history, known as Shanghai's Venice.
- Know about New Shanghai: Stroll along Pudong area, marvel at the three tallest building in Shanghai; have a lovely drink in the bar of Xintiandi; enjoy yourself in the fancy restaurant along the Bund; take a Huangpu river cruise to appreciate the nightlight of Shanghai.
New Shanghai has become a fashion city in the world.
Old Shanghai Lifestyle & New Shanghai Lifestyle
- The lifestyle of Old Shanghai are quite different from New Shanghai lifestyle. Many people consider Old Shanghai as a certain kind of lifestyle, thus the impression of Old Shanghai falls to the following words: clubs, nightlife, fashion, pretty girls in Cheongsams, handsome man with hats, and a bunch of foreigners.
- To know more about Shanghai Lifestyle, you can visit Shikumen, Tianzifang, Zhujiajiao, The Bund, Yu Garden.
Yu Garden shows visitors the most traditional lifestyle in Shanghai
Old Shanghai People & Shanghai New Generation
- Old Shanghai People: As an immigrant city, it is really hard to tell the Real Shanghai people from New Shanghai people; perhaps, those who can speak Shanghai dialect are more likely considered as an Old Shanghai People.
- Shanghai New Generation: They are from other parts of China to seek opportunities in Shanghai, most of them are hard working, intelligent, and becoming the driving force of this fast developing city.
- Shanghai people's lifestyle
New Shanghai people seek opportunities in this fast developing city
Old Shanghai Streets: Yesterday and Today
The Bund is the most famous old Shanghai street
Old Shanghai Buildings & Modern Architecture
Visitors could see pictures of old Shanghai building in museum
Sample tour to see the Old Shanghai: 3-Day Classic Shanghai City Tour
Welcome to contact us if you want a tailor-made tour to see Shanghai in you way.