There are so many tourist attractions in Shanghai, such as the Bund, the Yu Garden, Nanjing Street, and so on. For the modern buildings, the three towers are extremely famous, which are the Oriental Pearl TV Tower (468 m), the Jinmao Tower (420.5 m), and the Shanghai World Finance Center (492 m).
- The oriental Pearl TV Tower, the tallest in Asia and third of the TV towers in the world, is situated in the tip of Lu Jia Zui of the east of Huangpu River. Its opposite is the universal architectural complex in the Bund.
- The tower is 468 meters high. The body of the tower consists of eleven spheres not of the uniform size. They strew at random in different heights in the tower body and connected in series from the blue sky to the verdant sward.
- We can see three pillars to support the whole building. In the Oriental Pearl Tower, it has a restaurant and visitor watch area. The facility can fulfill the customer need.
- The Oriental Pearl TV Tower is the symbol of Shanghai. Essentially a communications tower, the tower was designed with a dual usage which also includes viewing platforms.
- The tower has three observatory levels. The highest is at 350 metres and is called the Space Module. The second is at 263 and 259 metres and is called the Sightseeing Floor. And the lowest, the Space City, is at 90 metres.
- The top sphere called The Space Module is situated 350 meters above the ground and offers the best views of Shanghai, but closer sites like the Bund are not as visible from that height.
- The second sphere is located at 259 to 267 meters above the ground has three levels. The top one is a revolving restaurant. The lower two levels are viewing platforms with little shops and bathrooms inside. The lower level has no windows and is not as crowded as the air-conditioned middle level. The lower sphere is located 90 meters above the ground. It features a sightseeing platform and roller coaster inside of it.
-What is special there?
- Get the Best Views of Shanghai
As a landmark of Shanghai, the Bund is a must for visitors who come to Shanghai.
- Visit the Municipal History Museum inside the TV tower
The History Museum is a good place to know about Shanghai history and culture.
- Appreciate Chinese Modern Building
- The Oriental Pearl TV Tower is located at the tip of Lujiazui in the Pudong district along the Huangpu River, opposite Shanghai's Bund.
- Address: 1 Century Boulevard, Pudong
- how to get there?
- By bus: NO. 81, 82, 85, 870, 872
- By subway: Line 2, get off at Lujiazui Station.
- How long should I stay there?
- When is the best time to visit there?
- Opening Hours: 8:30 am - 9:30 pm, daily
- When the nightfall comes, the radiant Oriental Pearl TV Tower responds to the myriad twinkling lights on the other side of Huangpu River and vividly outlines a colorful and voguish night vision for Shanghai.
- Try to avoid holidays
Costs/ Entrance Tickets
- Admission: from 85 RMB to 135 RMB, depending on which level you are planning to go.
- Only visit the second level cost 85 RMB
Review & Tips
- What tour experts/visitors say about this place?
- Take a Huangpu cruise tour and see the beautiful sights of Oriental TV Tower. If you experience the night cruise of Huangpu River, the sceneries at night are more distinctive and wonderful.
- Most visitors will rush towards the elevators to see the city in all its expanse, chaos and splendor. However, before heading up to see what Shanghai is becoming, take some time to wander through the basement history museum will be a smart choice.
- Check the weather before you go
- The place is really worth seeing. The ride up to the 276th floor is so fast, unbelievable. ( Quote from Trip Advisor )
- The view from the Pearl TV tower is not to be missed. So many different types of architecture, so many things to do. ( Quote from visitors )
Other tour attractions nearby
- Jinmao Tower: Located in the center of Shanghai's financial and trade districts the Jinmao Tower houses offices, hotels, and an observation deck on the building's 88th floor which offers spectacular views of downtown Shanghai.
- Shanghai World Financial Center: It is very close to the Jinmao Tower, and it is the tallest buildings in China.
Tours with this attraction
- If you are interested in taking a Shanghai tour with a visit to Oriental Pearl Tower; if you need a private tour and an English speaking tour guide to show you around Shanghai; China Odyssey Tours is here and ready to help.
Recommended Shanghai tour:
Welcome to contact us to add this attraction to your China tour.