Pudong Airport, about an hour's drive from the city center, handles most international and some domestic flights. It is the most important and famous airport in China.- The airport provides services to 73 international areas and 62 domestic cities. The airport consists of 2 passenger terminals which are connected by 2 parallel runways and it is the 3rd-busiest airport in China. Apart from passenger services, it also serves as a major hub for air freights.
- The first phase of construction of the Pudong International Airport was completed and put into operation in 1999.
- It is serving about 50 domestic and foreign airlines, connecting with over 70 international and regional destinations and 60 domestic destinations.
In the east of Shanghai, about 30 km away from the city center, and about 40 km away from Hongqiao International Airport.
- How to get to the city center from the airport?
You can take a taxi, an airport bus, or a maglev train.
By Taxi: 30 to 40 minutes. (not in rush hour)
By Airport Bus: 30 to 40 minutes.
(Operation time: every 1 hour or 2 hours)
By Maglev Train: less than 8 mins from Pudong International Airport to Longyang Road Metro Station
- How much?
By Taxi: 150 to 200 RMB, depending on where you go.
By Airport Bus: 15 to 30 RMB, depending on where you go.
By Maglev Train: one-way 50 RMB, from Pudong International Airport to Longyang Road Metro Station (Passengers with current day flight tickets can buy a one-way ticket of Maglev Train at a 20% discount. )
- Currency Exchange, Communications and Banking Facilities:
ATMs can be found in various locations in the terminal, while a total of four banks offering currency exchange and other services are on hand in various parts of the airport.
Two Post Offices:
- In the Domestic Departures Hall and the Domestic Departures Concourse on the third floor. Regular and international telephones can be found throughout the airport.
-Pudong Development Bank: Between No. 12 and No. 14 Door of International Arrival Waiting Hall in International Departure. (Opposite to No.37 First Class Lounge)
Service Time: From the beginning of the flight to the end of the flight
-Citiz Bank: Beside No. 5 Door of International Departure.
Service Time: 8:00-19:00
- China Commercial and Industry Bank: Beside No. 6 Door of International Departure.
Service Time: 6:00-end of the flight
-Bank of China: Beside No. 15 Door of International Departure.
Service Time: 5:45-end of the flight
- Airport Police: The Shanghai Pudong International Airport Police telephone numbers are 021-6834565 and 021-68345692
- Service Tel:
Airport Inquiring Tel: 021-96990
Coach Service Tel: 021-68345743
Taxi Service Tel: 021-962000
Maglev Train Service Tel: 021-28907777
Airport Bus Service Tel: 021-68346612 / 021-68346645 / 021-68346830 / 021-68855057 / 021-68022000
Shopping and Dining
- Duty-Free Shops: They are located at No.15-20 Gates of the international departure public area.
- International Stores: Shops dot the business street of departure public area and international departure restricted area.
- Domestic Stores: They are situated on the business street of departure public area and international departure restricted area.
- Airport food:
There are various restaurants, coffee shops and bars.
Location: Greeting Hall of International Arrival ( near No. 19 Door) Greeting Hall of Domestic Arrival (near No. 1 Door)
In the Shopping Area north to CIQ in International Departure.
In the Shopping Area of Domestic Departure.
(Maybe the cheapest restaurant in the airport is KFC, Which is situated at the interface channel of the two terminals.)
- International Arrival Procedures: Quarantine - Immigration - Luggage Reclaim - Customs - Enter greeting hall
- International Departure Procedures: Checkin - Luggage Delivery - Getting Boarding Card - Quarantine - Customs - Immigration - Security Check - Waiting and Boarding
- International Flight Transfer Counter:
In the West of Arrival Hall on the Second Floor of the terminal
- Domestic Flight Transfer Counter:
In the West of Arrival Hall on the Second Floor of terminal
Transfer Area In the middle of the terminal concourse on the Second Floor
Need a tailor-made China tour? Contact us now.
Recommended China Tours Including Shanghai
Related Posts You May Like
What Our Clients Say
CONTACT A TRAVEL EXPERT
SUBSCRIBE TO WIN A FREE TOUR
Subscribe to our newsletter for a chance to win a free 7-day Peru tour! And more insider travel news, exclusive offers, and inspiration will be sent straight to your inbox.