200 nations and international organizations take part in the exhibition, with about 70 million visitors from home and abroad, making it the largest world expo in history.- World Expo 2010 Shanghai China is the occasion for China to bring the world to home, and for the world to feel at home in China.
- With a total area of 5.28 sq km covers, it spans both sides of the Huangpu River. There are five functional zones marked A, B, C, D and E respectively.
- Zone A will host China Pavilion and national pavilions for Asian countries except for Southeast Asian ones.
- Zone B will host national pavilions of Southeast Asian and Oceanian countries, Pavilions for International Organizations, Theme Pavilions, Expo Centre and Performance Centre.
- Zone C will host European, American and African national pavilion clusters. A large public amusement park of about 10 hectares will be built at the entrance.
- Zone D is located to the west of Expo Boulevard in the Puxi Section. The land is one of the original places of the modern Chinese national industry and the site of the Jiangnan Shipyard.
- Zone E located to the east of the Expo Boulevard in the Puxi Section will host stand-alone corporate pavilions, Urban Civilization Pavilion, Urban Exploration Pavilion and the Urban Best Practices Area.
- Mascot: Created from a Chinese character meaning people, the mascot "Haibao" embodies the character of Chinese culture.
- The Emblem, depicting the image of three people-you, me, him/her holding hands together, symbolizes the big family of mankind.
- The Theme of Expo 2010 is "Better City, Better Life," representing the common wish of the whole of humankind for better living in future urban environments.
Duration & Opening Hours- Duration: From May 1st to October 31st, 2010
- Opening Hours: 8:30 to 24:00, every day during the Expo period.
Location & Transportation- By subway: Line 4, Line 6, Line 7, Line 8, Line 9
- There is a total of 16 Expo Buses that can take visitors from almost every corner of Shanghai to Expo Park.
Expo Tickets & Costs7 kinds of tickets:
- Peak Day single-day admission ( 200 RMB )
- Peak Day special admission ( 120 RMB )
- Standard Day single-day admission ( 160 RMB )
- Standard Day special admission ( 100 RMB )
- 3-day admission ( 300 RMB )
- 7-day admission ticket and evening admission. ( 900 RMB )
- Evening Admission ( 90 RMB )
Peak Day refers to China Labor Day (May 1st-3rd, 2010), National Day (October 1st - 7th, 2010) and Expo Ending Week (October 25th - 31st, 2010), a total of 17 days. Now, the tickets to the Expo were sold out with Peak Day. If you plan to visit the Expo on Peak Day, we kindly advise you to avoid that time and change your schedule to visit.
Standard Day refers to all visiting days (167 days in total) except for Peak Days during the Expo.
Visiting Tips- Visitors should take valid IDs or passports along with them because valid IDs are required upon the entries.
- Visitors will have to get off the tour bus at an appointed parking area and walk to the Expo Gate. The electric car is limited and only available to VIP visitors. The Park covers an area of 5 square kilometers and every day about 400, 000 visitors will enter the Park.
- Seven water-way entrances will be opened for visitors' admission. Besides the Expo gate on land, visitors also can enter the Expo Park via a waterway by taking the Expo ferry.
- Visitors are forbidden to bring bottled beverages into the Park.
- Only 1 day, you can't visit all of the Pavillions, but you can choose those that you are interested in. If you have enough time, 3 days visiting will be a very good choice.
- Hotel Luggage Depository: Due to the consideration of safety, during the Expo period, after your check out, your luggage will not be allowed to deposit at the hotel lobby.
- In some hotels, you could book the shuttle bus. But the hotel rate of this kind of government-appointed hotel will be expensive.
Tours With This Attraction
If you are interested in taking a Shanghai tour with a visit to Shanghai Expo Center with an English-speaking tour guide to show you around Shanghai; China Odyssey Tours is here and ready to help. Simply contact us right away.
- The following links lead you to sample Shanghai tours that include a visit to this attraction.
Recommended China Tours Including Shanghai
What Our Clients Say
CONTACT A TRAVEL EXPERT
SUBSCRIBE TO WIN A FREE TOUR
Subscribe to our newsletter for a chance to win a free 7-day Peru tour! And more insider travel news, exclusive offers, and inspiration will be sent straight to your inbox.