Location: in east China, on the mouth of Yangtze River
Population:18, 884, 600
7,037 square kilometers
Broadly, central Shanghai is divided into two areas: Pudong and Puxi, two sides of the Huangpu River. Most Shanghai attractions like the Bund, the shopping streets, the former foreign concessions, hotels, restaurants, sights and nightclubs are in Puxi.
- Time used in Shanghai and all over China is called Beijing standard time.
- Beijing time GMT +8, No daylight saving time
- 8 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT + 8)
- 12 hours ahead of New York DST (GMT + 8)
Sub-tropical marine season climate. 4 distinct seasons with abundant rainfall.
- Annual Average Rainfall: 1,200 millimeters
- Annual Average Temperature: 15.7 ℃
- Hottest Month Average Temperature: 28 ℃ (in August)
- Coldest Month Average Temperature: 3 ℃ (in January)
- Rainy Season: from mid-June to mid-July
Economy: As China’s economic center, Shanghai pays particular attention to developing its banking industry focusing on the stock market, foreign currency exchange and insurance.
- Local people speak Shanghai dialect (Shanghainese), while most people speak Mandarin.
- Most of Shanghai's hotels' staff members can speak English, and a few major restaurants and stores will have at least one employee who is able to speak English.
- Visitor's tour guides will be able to speak English, and act as translators.
Welcome to contact us for a tailor-made China tour.