Taking a vintage sidecar in your Xi'an tour is an extremely cool experience for digging more hidden gems of this historic city. Without normal paces which do sightseeing on a van, it is an incredible open-air journey to discover the traditional way of living of the cave dwellers and the Buddhist monks, get lost in the beautiful countryside shaped by a unique history, immerse in the ancient civilization atmosphere, and become an insider to view the rural life of Northern Shaanxi Plateau…
We organize half day (4hrs) and full day (9hrs) sidecar tours around Xi'an. Half day tours are mainly used for freshly arrived people who want an introduction of the Chinese rural life; while the full day tours are mainly used for people willing to have a whole overview of Xi'an countryside and see specific attractions.
1. Safety consideration: You will be riding on a motorbike through the streets outside of Xi'an. Helmets are available for you and multilingual drivers and vehicles are fully licensed.
2. Age: There is a minimum age requirement of 3 years old for this tour. Children under 12 will need to ride with an adult on the same motorbike.
3. The maximum passengers of a sidecar: The maximum number of a sidecar is 3 persons (1 driver + 2 passengers). For comfort and security reasons, we only take 1 passenger per sidecar on tours in Xi'an, with the exception of children below 12.
4. Tipping: It is not customary to give tips to the driver. However, you might pay some depending on their services.
5. Pick-up: Our tours start from Xi'an banpo international art district. It is subject to your travel consultant's final confirmation. Other starting points are possible and it will cost an extra fee (approx USD 50). Your travel consultant will count for you.
6. Meal: Lunch is included on the full day tour. Not on the half day tour.
7. Time control: Your driver will carefully operate your tour within a certain time frame. Your delay or postpone might cause an extra charge. Please advise at time of booking what time you would like to start your tour.
8. Insurance: Insurance is included. The insurance cost is 150rmb (about USD 25) per passenger and per day covering you at a maximum of 600,000rmb (about USD 100,000). This insurance cost is not refundable and not changeable.
9. Other options: Champagne, camera renting & video editing, etc. Contact us for detail.
1. Please be aware that we have a first come first serve policy; we will do our best to accommodate all passengers, but in case we are full at this time we will need to change the time for you.
2. If you have more than one sidecar, the main vehicle will have a fluent English speaking insider, and that the following bike(s) will be driven by Chinese drivers who don't all speak English. This won't affect your experience as we focus on your safety while driving and you'll get explanations on the city when the vehicles are stopped.
If you need more info about Sidecar tour in Beijing, please feel free to contact us.