- What are the major highlights along Yangtze River
- What is the difference between upstream and downstream sailings?
- Does entertainment on board charge extra money?
- If I don't want to join in the scheduled activities, can I enjoy my own time?
- What is the newest condition of the Three Gorges Dam?
- How much time does it take to pass through the five-level ship lock?
- 1. What are the major highlights along Yangtze River?
As the longest river in China and the third longest river in the world, the Yangtze River snakes through mainland China from west to east, presenting unique scenery and culture. On a Yangtze cruise ship, you will enjoy the breathtaking scenery of Three Gorges and Three Gorges Dam and pass through many cultural sites. If weather permits, you can even go on shore excursions to the "Ghost City" Fengdu, Wanzhou, Shibaozhai or extend to scenic and less-visited Lesser Three Gorges and Shennong Stream.
- 2. What is the difference between upstream and downstream sailings?
The route of upstream sailings is Chongqing - Yichang - Wuhan, which takes less time to enjoy the spectacular scenery along Yangzte River. It keeps sailing day and night, thus when sleeping the noise is much less and you can get a better sleep. The route of downstream sailings is just the opposite of that of the upstream sailings. Tthe ship will drop anchor at midnight and starts sailing in the early morning. That's why, for many ships, the downstream cruise is more expensive than the upstream one.
- 3. Does entertainment on board charge extra money?
Not really. Types of entertainment like live performance, movies, cultural activities and lectures are totally free, while massage treatment, beauty parlor, karaoke and the like need extra cost.
- 4. If I don't want to join in the scheduled activities, can I enjoy my own time?
Sure. You’re totally free to relax on your own or take part in the activities.
- 5. What is the newest condition of the Three Gorges Project?
The Three Gorges Project is the world's largest hydroelectric power plant so far, which was started in 1994 and finished in 2009. All the turbine generator units have commenced generating electricity and it has become a crucial power plant in electricity supply to town and cities of Eastern China. The Three Gorges Dam also plays an essential role in navigation, flood control and drought relief as well as environmental contributions of the Yangtze Basin. The famous Five-stage Ship Locks is one of the most advanced and hugest ship locks in the world and it control the in Yangtze sailing. Now, experiencing the Five-stage Ship Locks becomes a highlight of Yangtze cruises.
- 6. How much time does it take to pass through the five-level ship lock?
Generally speaking, it takes 2.5 hours for the ships to pass through the five-level ship locks; it might take even longer time as sometimes you have to wait for other ships to pass through together.
Most Frequently Asked Questions:
- What does your price of the cruise include?
- Do I need a ticket to get on board?
- What time can be board the Cruise?
- Is there an extra charge for the entertainments on board?
- What kind of food will be served on board?
Other related topics:1. Booking a cruise
2. Prepare for your cruise
4. About the ship service