Lujiazui (in Pudong Area) of Shanghai - Manhattan of China
As an important financial district in Pudong, Lujiazui is the fastest-growing area in Shanghai, even in China. People also call it East Manhattan. Three of China's tallest buildings are in this area.
Lujiazui is located in Pudong. Bordering the East China Sea, Shanghai Pudong New Area is situated at the junction of China's 'golden waterway'. In 1990, the Central Government declared to develop and open up Pudong. Lujiazui Finance & Trade Zone is China's only national-level development zone named after "finance and trade".
Witness the Fast Growing of China
Lujiazui is a hub of financial institutions, international hotels, and shopping malls, making it one of the best places to visit for anyone interested in a world-class hotel, dining experiences, bar hopping, or shopping. It is also a good place to witness the fast growth of China and appreciate modern architecture.
Appreciate Modern Architecture
Lujiazui is home to hundreds of futuristic skyscrapers comprising one of the world's most recognizable skylines, including the Shanghai TV tower, JinMao Tower and the tallest building in China, the Shanghai World Financial Center.
On the east bank of the Huangpu River
By subway: Line 2, in fact, Lujiazui is a station on Line 2 of the Shanghai Metro.
It is a place worth a whole day of visiting.
- If you are planning to climb to the top of one of the skyscrapers in Lujiazui, try to avoid holidays.
- In the daytime, it is a flourishing tourist attraction.
- In the evening, when the colorful lights are on, the various buildings are just like crystal palaces.
Costs/ Entrance Tickets
- Visit Shanghai Oriental Pearl TV Tower (468 m): from 199 RMB to 299 RMB.
- Visit Shanghai World Financial Center (492 m): The tower is temporarily closed due to internal renovations.
- Visit Jinmao Tower (420.5 m): 98 RMB for adults and 50 for children between 3.0-4.3 feet to the 88th floor. Below 3.0 feet children are free.
If you are interested in taking a Shanghai tour with a visit to Lujiazui New Zone; if you need a private tour and an English-speaking tour guide to show you around Shanghai; China Odyssey Tours is here and ready to help. Welcome to Contact us and add this attraction to some classic Shanghai tours below.
Customize Your Dream Tour
- 1-on-1 Travel Expert
- Reply Within 24 Hours
- Private and Tailor-Made Service
What Our Clients Say
CONTACT A TRAVEL EXPERT
1-to-1 Service | Reply within 24hrs | Expert's Advice
SUBSCRIBE TO WIN A FREE TOUR
Subscribe to our newsletter for a chance to win a free 8-day Greece and Turkey tour! And more insider travel news, exclusive offers, and inspiration will be sent straight to your inbox.