As an important financial district in Pudong, Lujiazui is the fastest growing area in Shanghai, even in China. People also call it East Manhattan. Three of China's tallest buildings are in this area.
- Lujiazui is located in Pudong. Bordering the East China Sea, Shanghai Pudong New Area is situated at the junction of China’s “golden waterway”. In 1990, the Central Government declared to develop and open up Pudong. Lujiazui Finance & Trade Zone is China's only national-level development zone named after "finance and trade".
-What is special there?
- Witness the Fast Growing of China
Lujiazui is a hub of financial institutions, international hotels, and shopping malls, making it one of the best places to visit for anyone interested in a world-class hotel, dining experiences, bar hopping or shopping. It is also a good place to witness the fast growth of China and appreciate modern architecture.
- Appreciate Modern Architecture
Lujiazui is home to hundreds of futuristic skyscrapers comprising one of the world’s most recognizable skylines, including the Shanghai TV tower, JinMao Tower and the tallest building in China, the Shanghai World Financial Center.
At the east bank of Huangpu River
- how to get there?
- By subway: Line 2, in fact, Lujiazui is a station on Line 2 of the Shanghai Metro.
- How long should I stay there?
- When is the best time to visit there?
It is a place worth for a whole day of visiting.
- If you are planning to climb to the top of one of the skyscrapers in Lujiazui, try to avoid holidays.
- In the day time, it is the flourishing tourist attraction.
- In the evening, when the colorful lights are on, the various buildings are just like crystal palaces.
Costs/ Entrance Tickets
- Visit Shanghai Oriental Pearl TV Tower (468 m): from 85 RMB to 135 RMB.
- Visit Shanghai World Financial Center (492 m): 150 RMB
- Visit Jinmao Tower (420.5 m): 70 RMB to the 88th floor
Review & Tips
- What do tour experts/visitors say about this place?
- Lujiazui along the eastern Bund, is one of the highlights of a trip to Shanghai, and well worth a day.
Tours with this attraction
- If you are interested in taking a Shanghai tour with a visit to Lujiazui New Zone; if you need a private tour and an English speaking tour guide to show you around Shanghai; China Odyssey Tours is here and ready to help.
- Welcome to Contact us add this attraction to some classic Shanghai tours below.