Easy steps to book a Yangtze River Cruise1. Have a look at our Yangtze Cruise pages to learn about the cruise routes, and compare the ships & prices; if this is your first time taking a Yangtze Cruise, then our Yangtze Cruise FAQ may be helpful for your upcoming journey.
2. After you find a certain ship interesting, contact us for a general requirement and your contact information. One of China Odyssey Tours travel consultants will get back to you within 24 hours (10 minutes to a couple of hours mostly), and let you know if the cruiser & the data are available, a final price (often more discount is available), and a sailing itinerary, etc.
3. If you need, China Odyssey Tours can help you book hotels in Chongqing, Yichang, Wu Han or Shanghai, local transfers, flights, and tour arrangements across the whole of China, just tell your travel consultant, and he/she will give you detailed proposals and prices.
4. Once you finally choose your ideal ship & date, a deposit of 30 percent of the full cruise fare should be paid to secure your booking. We accept credit card payments (by faxed authorization letter), wire transfers, or Paypal. In case your booking is less than 30 days before the sailing date, a full cruise fare is required.
5. Once your deposit or full payment reaches China Odyssey Tours, we will start the booking procedure and then get back to you with a confirmation letter in 1 or 2 days. No coupon or ticket is needed to get on board, as your name will be recorded in the computer data of the ship once your confirmation of the cruise is done with us. What you need to check in onto the cruiser is your confirmation letter (print it out) & your passport.
6. Because piers are assigned to different ships each time, there's no fixed pier for a certain ship, which may be time-consuming and troublesome to find the right place to get on board, especially for someone not familiar with the ship and when it is crowded. Hence we strongly suggest that you book a local transfer with an English-speaking tour guide with China Odyssey Tours. If your tour package with us includes other destinations in China, your travel consultant usually will arrange the private transfer & guide before /after the cruise for you, unless otherwise, you don't need it.
7. When arriving in Chongqing, Yichang, Wuhan or Shanghai, our local tour guide & car will escort you to the right pier to get onboard. Please note that your room number cannot be offered in advance on the day of check-in as the cabins are allocated by the cruiser crew the day before your arrival.
8. Well, the next thing is just to enjoy the sailing and your holiday full of beauty, fun, and surprise.