Yong Foo Elite Club, Shanghai
- Back to the 1920's and 30's, Old Shanghai
Recommended for big fans of the luxury Old Shanghai
This place brings to life the feel of the city's heyday in the 1930's when Shanghai was known as the 'Pearl of the East'. With a cocktail in hand, lounge on the opium bed set under the impressive ancient magnolia tree or if you want to have a tete-a-tete with your friends, why not enjoy a sunny cuppa on the villa veranda.
- Yongfoo Elite was originally opened as a member's only, private club (hence, the name). And the fact that Yongfoo Elite is no longer private still confuses some people. This Shanghainese restaurant is housed in a wonderful old 1930's villa, on a lovely phoenix-tree lined street - Yongfu Road. The building was previously used as the British Consulate in Shanghai.
- The garden, on your way in to the restaurant, is lovely. In the evening, candles light your way. And if you go on a nice day, the garden seating is fabulous. Definitely one of the nicest in Shanghai. Inside, the club is quite elegantly decorated, with rather authentic-looking flowery wallpaper. There are many nice, old-style touches in the decor.
- The Chinese food at Yongfoo Elite is less than spectacular. But noone goes there for the food; this restaurant is one that will delight visitors to Shanghai and will give them a good impression of how the elite used to live in Shanghai during its glory days of the 1920's and 30's.
Location200 Yongfu Road, near Hunan Road
(in a beautiful part of Shanghai's former French Concession area)
Tel: +86 21 5644 2727
Transfer AdviceIt is one of the most famous restaurants in Shanghai, so that it's easy to get there by Taxi.
- Open Hours - Chinese style
- Daily, 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
CostsAbsolutely expensive. How expensive?
- from $95 per person
- Shark Fin with crabmeat
- Goose Liver
- Stir-Fried Shrimps
- Date Mash Cake
Other Delicious Chinese Restuarants in Huaihai Road, Shanghai
- Rui Fu Yuan: Benbang (Local) Cuisine by Shanghainese. One of the best restaurants for Benbang cuisine in Shanghai. Recommend: Stir-Fried Shrimps, Wonton with large yellow croake soup. $11/person. Tel: 021-6437 4609
- Lan Ting Restaurant: Benbang (Local) Cuisine. It is so simple that has only six desks. But the dish is tasty and the price is good. Recommend: Chicken bone purée, fish fritters, Sole with Potherb Mustard, Stir-Fried Shrimps, Sautéed Shelled Shrimp
- Xiao Yang Shengjianbao: Recommend: Sheng Jian Bao (Pan-Fried Bun Stuffed with Pork), beef with bean threads in soup, chicken and duck soup. $1.1/person.
- Ma Xin Wen Hand-made Noodles: a wonderful La Mian (dough pulled into strips for noodles) shop. Recommend: Hand-Pulled Noodles with Beef, Xin Jiang Ban Mian (noodles served with soy sauce, sesame butter etc.). $2/person
- Tour Features
-What is special there?
- how to get there?
- Visiting time
- How expensive?
- Recommended Dishes
- more infomation about this restaurant?
- Other Delicious Chinese Restuarants in HuaiHai Road
Shanghai Travel Information & Tips
- Shanghai Travel Guide
- Tips & Photos
- Shanghai Attractions
- where & what to see
- - The Bund
- - Yu Garden
- - Yuyuan Market
- - Lujiazui New Area
- - Xintiandi- Shiku Door
- - Shanghai Museum
- - Zhujiajiao Water Town
- - Shanghai World Financial Center
- - Jinmao Tower
- - Oriental Pearl TV Tower
- - Urban Planning Exhibition Hall
- - Jade Buddha Temple
- - Nanjing Road
- - Children's Municipal Palace
- - Tianzifang Art Street
- Shanghai Highlights & Special Activities
- what to do
- Shanghai Tour Itineraries
- how to tour
- Shanghai Restaurant & Food
- where & what to eat
- Shanghai Hotels
- place to stay
- Shopping in Shanghai
-where & what to buy